If you love fine art
Founded by Peter the Great in 1703 Saint-Petersburg has had a very eventful history and preserved its cultural identity. Palaces, squares, statues, grand prospects were painstakingly restored for the City’s 300th anniversary and look as if they just left their creators’ studios. Built on the islands of the Neva delta, “the Venice of the North” is a real treasure for an art lover. It is a real paradise for architects, painters, actors, antiquarians, restorers and all those who appreciate fine art.
- back stage at Kirov and Maliy theatres
- studios of The Academy of Fine Arts
- fairs of contemporary art in The School of Applied Arts
- Treasury of the Hermitage
- Scythian gold in the Hermitage
- Yelagin Palace
- Marble Palace
- Michael’s Castle
- Studios of painters, restorers, craftsmen and jewellers
- Numerous examples of Art Nouveau (themed tour “Saint-Petersburg Modern of the beginning of the 20th Century).